Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wonderful Husband

Ok, this is following up yesterday post. Basically, someone felt slighted in the post yesterday, so today we will glorify said slighted person. First off, let me say that I feel very blessed to be married to Leo. He truly is my best friend and does encompass fully what a husband should be. Okay, with the exception of occasionally trying to get me killed. He paid for most of our wedding. I guess that means he can't complain too much about me due to the fact he paid to marry me. Also, he supported me 100% in my quitting my job. I won't go into the whole story, but without his support I would have never been able to have the courage to stand up for myself at that time. He knew that there was a chance that he would have to support me financially for a bit and he didn't even bat an eye when the time came. For as tired both mentally and physically as I was at the time I will be ever grateful to him for that. Most of all, I can't think of a better person to have to go through infertility. It is hard enough wanted and family and not being able to have one. If you have the wrong person with you in that journey, it makes it that much tougher. I am fortunate that I have someone wonderful to stand with me on wherever this journey takes us. He has never once gotten upset over things. His being laid back compliments my anxiety ridden mentality very well. He has jumped on board with everything that we have contemplated. He is willing to do whatever it takes to make us become a family, and I look forward to the day he gets to hold his child in his arms. I know not only is he a wonderful husband, but that he is going to make a wonderful father. I love him very much, and can't wait for the day that I can see that happen.

2 comments:

christine M said...

Kris - this is a very touching post. You two do compliment each other nicely. And it certainly is wonderful to go through life with your best friend.

Anne K said...

Kristen, that was really nice to read. I'm glad for both of you!