Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The pre-going away gig.

That wouldn't be Stephen's type of gig. It is all the stuff you have to do before you go away. It just adds to making you tired for your trip. I am in the process of getting everything done before I leave for the weekend. I cleaned the downstairs today. Well, I vacuumed, dusted, did dishes, and cleaned kitchen counters. I also am in the process of running dish washer and doing laundry. I figured my family may want me dressed for the bridal shower. I haven't met all the future in-law side, so I figured I should be dressed for the occasion. Word on the street is that there are going to 25-30 people at this thing. Most of which I know well as I am related to them. It is also a surprise. Obviously Ashlea doesn't know I blog or I wouldn't be writing about it. She thinks we are throwing a surprise birthday party for my sister Kari. Kari's birthday is on the 24th, so the timing works. Actually, the whole idea works considering how Kari thinks that her birthday should be declared a national holiday in her honor. I don't know many details of this to be honest. I know it is from 1-4 at the firehall on Saturday. I know there is some decorating to take place. Other than that, I don't know if there are any other plans for the weekend. I have been invited to stay all over the place, so I guess I will be jumping around from place to place to accommodate everyone that wants to be graced with my presence. I am leaving on Thursday and coming back on Monday. I just have to get packed and get to Target at some point to buy the bridal shower gift. I guess we all know what I will be doing tomorrow.

2 comments:

christine M said...

Have fun this weekend. Sounds like you'll be busy.

As for birthdays as national holidays - well Stephen's kind of is - that's what happens when you're born on Washington's birthday - and Katie can't understand why hers isn't - I try to explain that people are usually dead before their birthday is declared a national holiday - but she's not buying it.

Anne K said...

Your 2nd daily reader wishes you a good trip!