Thursday, March 20, 2008

Going Postal.

While I was gone, we received a notice for a certified letter. Now, I don't know who the letter maybe from considering the notice wasn't filled out properly, but considering the rest of the story, it doesn't surprise me. Well, Leo didn't go and get the letter due to kayaking commitments and work on Monday. I went Tuesday only to discover that, opposite of notice instructions, they were trying to re-deliver the letter. They said to come back the following day and the letter would be there for me to pick up. I don't know how the post office is for others here, but going to our post office is quite the feat. It is not uncommon to take 30 minutes or more just to get a parking spot. Once inside, it takes about that amount of time to get waited on by someone. This is not affected by the amount of people in the post office at the time. I was once in there by myself and didn't get out of there until 25 minutes later. Our post office has been known to lose many articles, including my marriage certificates. I had them sent through another services and we got them a couple days later. Apparently, the people there can actually read. For the postal service, I have come to the conclusion that is not a requirement. Anyways, I trek back to the post office and no one can find the letter. After being there forever, it is no where to be found. It was decided that it must have been in sorting room to go back to the land of the certified letters. Also, no one could understand the shorthand written on notice. I love when it is pointed out that someone who works there didn't fill out the notice correctly. Well, I go back today in my effort to retrieve letter. Still can't be found. It was suggested that I contact who sent it to us. Well, that would be a great idea if that section of the letter was filled out now wouldn't it? The mail just came and I have pieced together some of that happened. I have properly filled out notice in mail today. That means that while I was there this morning, the said letter was in someone's hand while the filled out the notice. That also means someone else didn't check the letter that person was using to fill out the notice. At least, the form is filled out correctly and I can get it tomorrow. If it mysteriously disappears. I have a name that it is from. Unfortunately, I can't get back the time I have lost on this for the week, but what are we going to do. It is a good example of our hard tax dollars at work.

1 comment:

christine M said...

Sounds like a fun way to spend a day. Not!