Thursday, March 6, 2008

A walk in the woods

Well, with the weather being so nice today, I decided to go on a little walk. It turned out to be a little more than a little walk, but hey, I don't work anymore and need to get exercise somewhere. It amazes me how much more you can do while listening to music. My husband got me an Ipod for Christmas this year, and I found that it really helped me walk farther. We have a path from the development that I live in to a local park. I didn't realize the path was finally completed until Leo told me yesterday. Today I decided to walk to the park. Once there, I decided to go a little further and walk the paths in the park itself. The park surrounds a little lake, or where I come from pond. There were two beavers swimming around the lake. Plus, in honor of Katie's pure love for geese, I will mention that there was a ton of them around also. Well, I kept going along and next thing you know. I have been at it for two hours wandering around. For those wiseguys out there, I wasn't wandering aimlessly. I just followed the different paths and enjoyed what the day had to offer. Earlier today, I watched Brett Favre's retirement speech. Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. I am sure Peter will be mourning for some time with this. I would like to say that it was an honor to watch him play. I may not have been a Packers fan, but I don't know how anyone could watch him play and not appreciate what he had to offer to his sport. In a day and age where athletes make so much money, watching someone run around the field with childlike enthusiasm for what he was doing was refreshing. He made his mistakes, but was so honest about his life you could not only forgive, but have your kids look up to him for it. I know I will definitely miss watching him run around with his arms up in the air jumping up in the air come fall Sundays.

2 comments:

christine M said...

Sounds like a nice walk. Did you take the dogs?

kristen said...

no, I wanted a peaceful walk. Satin really can't go for walks much anymore unless I want to carry her around all night. Her hips don't move. Wrangler is good if Leo is around and if you are in more of a wood setting than he is on something like this.