Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Waiting for the move

Since this blog was created mainly for the purpose of following the adoption, I figured I would give and update on things on that front. Right now, we are in waiting mode. At first, I was going to start with the homestudy here. The potential new regions do things differently than the Stavropol region. We need to have homestudy done and submitted to our agency before anything else can be done. Now, the word is that things are straightened out with the government and moving orders are going to be given out in April. Since that is only a couple of weeks away, we are going to wait to see when we are moving. I don't want to start here and then have to start once there. I have had a hard time finding a reasonable agency to cover both here and the Poconos, so we are going to wait to see how long we are going to still be living in NJ. After that, we can move full steam ahead. It shouldn't put too much more time on things considering we are starting over anyways. That is the update as it stands now.

5 comments:

Anne K said...

I love being kept up to date on all this. Looks like I'm reader #1 today!

kristen said...

Yeah, how did that happen? I guess you won the who read first contest for today. The former number one must have been slacking.

christine M said...

Well, I read your post in Google Reader (before I brought the kids to school) - and figured I'd come back later and comment.

So - I'm a comment slacker, not a reader slacker

christine M said...

Hey - we were just wondering (the kids and I) - why is your blog pink? You are so not a pink kind of person.

kristen said...

Easy enough answer to your question. After reading many blogs, it is a nice combination to read. You put some of the colors that would be more me they tend to be hard to read for some people's eyes.