Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sponsorship

I am not looking for sponsorship for myself. I am sure that there are those who think I may need help of some sort, but I am not pushing for myself. I am looking for those willing to make a difference in a child's life. Leo and I have been sponsoring a child from Costa Rica for a year now. His name is Jason, not to be confused with my brother, and he is eight years old. Jason writes to us frequently. I will admit that I have been bad keeping up with his correspondance. I hadn't even written to him. I have sent the holiday cards that are sent by World Vision our sponsor program, but haven't written to him personally. Part of that has to do with some of the things in my previous post. I don't like to go to the Post Office and since I have to send things by airmail I would have to go there. Well, today I decided that I would like to send something to him. I wanted to get the address to send the letter. I learned that I can now e-mail him. Well, I don't e-mail him personally. I e-mail the World Vision Costa Rican headquarters and they translate and deliver it to him. It is also much faster this way. I am still going to get a letter together with pictures and some stickers together, but at least this way he could get a letter faster. I suggest sponsoring to anyone who can. It really does make a difference in these kids lives. The letters I get from Jason and the excitement difference from the beginning ones to the ones now are great. Another sponsorship I suggest where one can really make a difference is through the Antares foundation. They sponsor orphans from Kazhastan. I know I am adopting from Russia, but this foundation is very reputable and have made the difference in these kids lives. If they age out their life can be very bleak. The change one can make is amazing. For many, it is just know someone cares about them. I hope someone who reads this will take a chance to know one that is less fortunate. If you think about all the stupid things we waste money on just because we can, you would realize that missing out if much more rewarding. After all, think about all these kids miss out on throught their lives. One little thing can add up to a real difference, and this difference could very well be a life-saving event to them. Anatares Foundation web address is http://www.antares-orphans.com. World Vision can be found at http://www.worldvision.org. There are a lot of ways you can help. I hope people who read this can find it in their heart to do so.

1 comment:

christine M said...

Sponsoring a child is a great thing. I'm glad you're promoting it!