Monday, March 24, 2008

And then she was 25

After reading another blog today, it dawned on me that today is my sister, Kari's birthday. She is 25. I would have remembered eventually since she sent out reminder text messages to people, so once my cell phone went off it also worked as a reminder. As being the oldest of five, having a sibling be born gets old after awhile. I do remember most of them. Sorry, Kelly, I have no real recollection of you until you were about two. I do, on the other hand, remember Kari being born. We had to stay at Aunt Marilyn's and Uncles Ted's. My dad came to pick us up in the afternoon. That is when we found out that it was another girl. For those who always ask, Justin would have been Kari's name if she has a boy. Hence, the boys in the family would have started with the letter J, and the girls all with K. Obviously, Kari, was not a boy and that is why Jason looks like he was named with the wrong letter. He just turned end up being odd man out. Kari came home on Easter. We had gone to church and when we got home she was sitting in her carseat. I also remember that she was wearing a plain dress outfit that had an elephant on it. I don't why I remember that but I do. So here's to wishing Kari a Happy Birthday.

No comments: