Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm back

Well, I am not back in NJ. I am still in PA. I am coming home tomorrow, but I had a moment so here I am. The bridal shower was very nice yesterday. There was 25 people in attendance. Earlier in the week, the bride had started to catch on that something was up. Jason called my mom in a panic. She came up with a game plan. She called Ashlea and told her that the surprise party was also for Jason. You see last Ashlea tried throwing a surprise birthday party for Jason. Only thing was, he found out about after seeing it written on the calendar of one of his friends while at their house. My mom told her that he would never see it coming in March. Well, she fell for this hook, line, and sinker. Now, if you know my brother, you know that he of course had to have fun with this. He spent days telling her he was coming up with ways not to have to come up here. Here the poor girl is thinking that she has to get him here. they also were late because they left Maryland in the morning and got stuck in traffic. Once they got there, my mom met them and told them to hurry up that we had Kari out running errands, as the premis is that it was also her surprise birthday party. Well, Ashlea came in and moves out of the way so that Jason can be surprised. Well, it took two minutes for it to dawn on her what was really happening. I guess the sign that the kids were holding that said Congratulations Jason and Ashlea didn't give it away. Everyone had fun at the party. It was nice seeing some people that I had seen since my own wedding. On Friday night, my niece, Lexi, stayed at my parents. Kids are pretty funny in the pure kind of way. They don't try being funny whichmakes thing even more hilarious. Some words of wisdom of a six year old. "Hey guys be careful walking out in the kitchen there is a little Moxie(a soda type beverage) on the floor." This said after a certain someone took her drink into the kitchen and spilled some. "Didn't see that coming." Said after same child runs full steam into bedroom door. In her defense, the doorknob to the door wasn't there and she didn't realize it was missing. "And this would be the master toilet." Said during tour she was giving of my sister Kelly's new house. There was quite a bit of laughing at this child's expense all weekend. In some way, I guess that makes the adults kind of cruel. Yes, I was the leader of the group.

2 comments:

christine M said...

Sounds like the party was a success and a surprise! Have a safe trip home.

Anne K said...

Family ties are important. Glad everything went well!