Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Who Says You Have to Leave Home

I have quite the characters of birds that come here. They are very entertaining to watch. They have gotten used to me that I can pretty much take pictures at will for the most part. The cardinals always take off still, but the rest will let me take the pictures that I want, and most will even come in closer. Of course, that is to come to the feeder, but they are nice enough to let me open my door to take some shots of them. The downy woodpecker is the most entertaining. He always is getting in funny positions. He also seems pretty used to people because on more than one occasion I have been outside doing things while he was eating, and he doesn't take off unless I am standing right next to where he is. Some of them will also squack at me if I don't fill the feeder fast enough for them. Before I move, I want to get a picture of all the birds that come here. I have gotten most of them. I just need the cardinals to stick around, and I also need my goldfinches to hopefully come back. They took off as spring started, and, with the exception of one quick siting, they haven't come back.
Hopefully, I will get one last shot at them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: