Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pictures of the day


Leo came home early this morning. He bought some very nice pottery that is pictured above. It is from the Chulucanas region. This particular region was founded because pottery from the Vicus, who were the original members of this mountain community, was found in a tomb. The Peruvian government sent a group of aritisans to study the potter in hopes of recreating it. They then settled in the area permanently. The pottery from this region is considered some of the best of Americas. It is made entirely by hand. They do not use molds or pottery wheels to make it. The other project of the day is that Leo got to play with his new tool, the nail gun. He put the quarter round down today. The house is really starting to take shape. I had a large number of birds coming to the feeder today. The cardinals took off when I got my camera out, but here are some pictures of the other ones that were here.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

christine M said...

So, Leo came home and went right to work! Impressive!

Bill said...

I don't have a nail gun. I have sort of a tacking gun, but not a nail gun. This is getting frustrating. I have to not only get at least a 52" HDTV, but now I need a real nail gun too.

Your pictures are impressive. You really have a talent for that.

kristen said...

The nail gun did a nice job. I would like to point out it was my idea. When Leo first tried putting it on when we redid the downstairs, it was taking forever because it was hard getting the nails to go through the quarter round. I, from watching shows like Trading Spaces, came up with the idea. It worked so much better.

Anne K said...

Love your artsie collage!