Thursday, April 17, 2008

Birding


One of the objectives yesterday was to take pictures of birds. The area of the canal that we went is known to have a large collection of birds that habitat there. Well, I may have had some shots, but Leo kept scaring the birds away. I never really got any shots off. I was looking outside my sliding galss door tonight and realized that I had plenty of birds flying around here. I got some good shots. Maybe I shouldn't have traveled so far to get some shots. It seemed to be better closer to home. Although, there wasn't the selection that I had in the canal, the birds were better subjects. Of course, it helps when you feed them. These were taken from my patio and over at the little pond behind out place. It was nice to be able to get some shots off and not have the birds fly away before I could shoot them.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

LeoK said...

All the more reason for me to go kayaking. In fact, I think you should THANK me for going kayaking!

Bill said...

I am impressed with your pictures. Keep up the good work. Now I am not only being shamed by my family in blogging, I am now behind everyone in photography. Maybe I was the inspiration though. I was the one with the latest cameras and the darkroom, so I'll take credit. Somehow, I don't know how, I inspired all of you and I know you appreciate it and you're very welcome.

kristen said...

I think you may have been the inspiration for the photography. You inspired Leo and now it gives us something to do together that we both can enjoy, and I don't almost die. I feel I should take credit for you grilling then. I think it is only fair. Tonight we had london broil and grilled squash.