Monday, October 27, 2008

Winter Weather Preparation Afternoon

Well, my original game plan was to run some errands tomorrow instead of going out today. That was until I saw the weather forecast for tomorrow. We are supposed to be getting 3-6 inces of snow tomorrow. That left much to do to make sure we are ready. I looked to make sure that we had food to make that doesn't require electricity to make. Well, we were a little short on that so, I had to run to the grocery store. We were also low on dog food, so i had to get that because I knew we didn't have enough for tomorrow night, and since I had to go out anyways that was added to the list. I got what we needed plus some more deer food knowing that they would be here in full force with the weather that was being called. I then decided to go check the wood pile. Even though it had bothered my allergies, we used the past few days and I was fine. We were using it for Phillies good luck. They lost the game that we didn't have a fire going. Sometimes you have to take one for the team. Plus, if we lose electricity, we can still have some sort of heat. The nice part of having a fireplace is for situations that could happen. I brought in some wood to dry better. It had gotten wet overnight. Leo hadn't covered it. It was actually supposed to be a nice day today as of yesterday's weather news. That didn't end up being the case. I put the wood in the utility room. That room is extremely dry with the furnace being in there. I also covered the wood pile that was left so it can continue to dry and doesn't get wet with the rain and snow we are going to get by tomorrow night. I think that we should be pretty well set no matter what the weather brings tomorrow. I think the wind tomorrow will actually be the worse thing in the storm tomorrow. That is supposed to reach 40mph, so that may cause the worse of the problems. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

2 comments:

Anne K said...

I heard the snow forecast for your area tonight and naturally thought of you guys. Today was beautiful here. In fact, it was so nice that Dad and I ate lunch outside today. Keep us posted!

Bill said...

You also have a propane stove that can be used for cooking. I hope it doesn't come to that though, but you are out in the boonies, sort of. Maybe a generator wouldn't be a bad idea. Leo was talking about one, but I guess that depends on if you have any money left after all the building and car buying. I guess you'll do fine. other people live up there too. Good luck.