Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hmmm!

Leo is on his way to a kayaking vacation in TN. Now, where this story takes a blogging turn is when the airline called the house. I didn't get to the phone in time, and they left a message. The message was along the lines of they were sorry for any inconvenience that problems with Leo's flight may have caused. He should go see a customer service agent as soon as he gets to the airport to assist him with his plans. This call came at 5:48 pm. Leo's original flight time was 6:00pm. I called Leo to see what was going on with his flight. He was surprised that I knew there was even a delay. His flight wasn't going to be taking off until 7:30. I told him about the phone call. Leo said they explained everything to him when he checked in at 4:30. Now, here's the question. If one is still at home at 5:48pm how are you going to make a 6:00pm flight. Luckily, if you were still at home you had time to play around, but still. It isn't like they didn't know that there was a problem earlier. It was like when Leo got to the airport over an hour earlier. Like Leo said it would have been nice to know earlier because he could have done some more things a work instead of leaving early and sitting around at the airport for three hours. I guess in the airline world there is no need for speedy notices.

3 comments:

Anne K said...

I don't know! And they're always telling us to get to the airport early!

Bill said...

I'm not sure which is in worse shape, the airline industry or the economy. An awful lot of people are complaining that airlines are treating passengers like crap. I don't understand how the foreign airlines, especially middle eastern, can treat you like you're a real person and American airlines just don't seem to care. Maybe when I retire, I'll start an airline and treat my customers with respect. Don't worry, I'll give discount tickets to family members (certain blackout periods will apply).

kristen said...

Leo said he should have drove. He would have been in better shape. He got there early like he was supposed to and had to wait around forever. He was also in the older part of the airport, so there wasn't much that he could even do while waiting. It also means that he wasn't going to get to Atlanta until after 10 and then had a two drive to where he was going. Makes for quite the long day when he left for work before 7am.