Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sometimes It Is Better Not To Be The One To Know

Well, today I thought it might be a good day to call my grandfather. You ever feel sorry you dialed the phone. He answered like he pretty much usually does. After the typical discussion of the weather, and his latest favorite of have you gotten fat yet, he put my grandmother on the line. I noticed she was overly chipper today. Halfway through the conversation, my grandmother tells me that she has to tell me a secret because she has to tell someone. I couldn't imagine what the thing was. What I didn't expect it to be was the words "I will be seeing you Friday." It took a minute to register what she was saying. Then, it hit. They are planning on coming to wedding, and yes, they weren't going to tell anyone. It is a surprise. Well, being the good daughter I am, I decided that isn't the surprise that either one of my parents needed the day before the wedding. I called them as soon as I got off the phone with my grandparents. Now, I have the job of trying to get all the information out of them. We don't want them to know I talked to my parents becuase then I have to deal with that wrath. I have to find out if the morons got room reservations and where they are planning to say. I also have to find out if my grandparents made oxygen accomodations as she only gets two small cannisters every few days. That is not going to be enough for her to come here and go back home. You know them coming up here has disaster written all over it. Oh, and he is apparently in bad health, so I suggest all stay away from any part of I95 Wednesday to Friday of this week. I am not sure exactly when they have to go home yet. Pap has to get some tests run because his bloodwork isn't good. I don't know what all the tests are. It is really amazing my family doesn't have a real drinking problem because these two are enough to make you drink. Good thing they through in the bar for the wedding reception....wait, I can't drink.

1 comment:

Anne K said...

Now you'll have some good stories to remember this wedding! Enjoy and have a safe trip!